The summer term is already well underway! We are in full exam mode with Y11 GCSEs nearly upon us and Y6 SATs starting on Monday 13th May. Key dates this term include DanceFest on Thursday 20th June, Y6/7 Arthog week from Monday 24th June, Y10 Work Experience from the 24th June. Consultation Day is being …
This is our Community. This is our School.
- Dr. Gill Eatough, Principal
Welcome to the Hadley Learning Community website which is full of news and information about our school. We do hope that you find the site easy to use. If you cannot find the information you require or you wish to suggest further improvement then please do not hesitate to send us an email.
Hadley Learning Community is an all-through school for students from 5 – 16 years of age located in the community of Hadley in central Telford. The school opened on the 1st September 2006 and is a £70 million PFI project, in partnership with Interserve, which represents a major investment by the Borough of Telford and Wrekin Council in creating an exceptional 21st Century learning campus for our students. The campus consists of:
- 900 place secondary phase for 11-16 year olds, with 180 students in each year group
- 420 place primary phase for 5-11 year olds with 60 children, in two classes, in each year group
- 60 place Local Authority Nursery, which has a morning and afternoon session for 30 children
- 160 place Special School, The Bridge, which is co-located on the campus, for children with severe and profound disabilities
- A Family Centre for children’s services and an early intervention team
- ABC Nursery, which is privately run but works very closely with HLC
- Community facilities, called The Circle, for sports which includes a swimming pool and fitness suite as well as a Public Library, Coffee shop, Theatre and Dance Studio all used by the public during the day, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Exam week can be difficult, dangerous, even overwhelming. You may feel helpless and hopeless, as though there is nothing you can do. After a year of too many classes and too much work, you think you’ll have to stay up all night studying to pass your final exams. But wait! Help is on the way! …
HLC breaks up for the Easter holidays tomorrow, Thursday 28th March – finishing at the normal time. We hope everyone has a great holiday and that we have some warm weather as we have all had enough of snow and cold temperatures! HLC opens on Monday 15th April for the start of summer term for …
HLC had a great Comic Relief day raising over £1500. The highlight was the “Harlem Shake” which was fantastically organised by Ms Naylor and the Heads of House. Have a look at the video it is brilliant!
All of our students and staff have arrived safely. 1st day on the slopes. Lots of snow, snowed all day, hoping for sunshine tomorrow.
Congratulations to our Year 9 team who won the Shropshire Mock Trial Competition on Saturday at Telford Courts. The team were outstanding and beat off very strong competition from many Telford and Shropshire schools. The High Sheriff will be visiting HLC next week to present the trophy. Thank you to Miss Pearson, Mr Thomas and …