Eid and Diwali Mela at HLC, Tuesday 26th November 2013, 3pm – 6pm. All are welcome.
This is our Community. This is our School.
- Dr. Gill Eatough, Principal
Welcome to the Hadley Learning Community website which is full of news and information about our school. We do hope that you find the site easy to use. If you cannot find the information you require or you wish to suggest further improvement then please do not hesitate to send us an email.
Hadley Learning Community is an all-through school for students from 5 – 16 years of age located in the community of Hadley in central Telford. The school opened on the 1st September 2006 and is a £70 million PFI project, in partnership with Interserve, which represents a major investment by the Borough of Telford and Wrekin Council in creating an exceptional 21st Century learning campus for our students. The campus consists of:
- 900 place secondary phase for 11-16 year olds, with 180 students in each year group
- 420 place primary phase for 5-11 year olds with 60 children, in two classes, in each year group
- 60 place Local Authority Nursery, which has a morning and afternoon session for 30 children
- 160 place Special School, The Bridge, which is co-located on the campus, for children with severe and profound disabilities
- A Family Centre for children’s services and an early intervention team
- ABC Nursery, which is privately run but works very closely with HLC
- Community facilities, called The Circle, for sports which includes a swimming pool and fitness suite as well as a Public Library, Coffee shop, Theatre and Dance Studio all used by the public during the day, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Parents have now received a copy, in the post, of our Ofsted report which we are delighted with and the school has been graded as a “good school”. The current Ofsted framework is very vigorous and thorough, the inspectors recognised how well the school was doing and praised our students for their courtesy, respect, attitudes […]
Many of us had the privilege of attending the Shakespeare Schools Festival at Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury last Thursday evening to see our students perform “The Merchant of Venice”. It was a brilliant performance and our students were incredible. They received an amazing critique at the end which said “the company showed a maturity, beyond their […]
HLC Secondary was inspected last week and it all went very well, we will receive the report this week and it will be published after half-term. I would like to thank all my staff and the Governors who worked so hard during the inspection, it is always an exacting process! I particular want to thank […]
In partnership with Telford and Wrekin Council, we are pleased to be able to offer students that attend HLC Secondary and Primary Phases significantly discounted prices on both Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013. For further information, our students can visit our Learning Gateway.
We look forward to welcoming parents and Y6 children to our Open Evening on Wednesday 25th September from 6pm. There will be a short presentation by the Principal and Headteacher of Secondary and then you will be able to visit the entire school and meet our students and staff. If you would like to visit […]