Lots going on at HLC this week! We all enjoyed “Ready, Steady, Cook” which involved primary students in the morning and Y7 and Y8 students in the afternoon on Tuesday. The red team won!!! Our Primary Phase was full of book characters as the staff and students dressed up for “World Book Day”. Our Y10 […]
This is our Community. This is our School.
- Dr. Gill Eatough, Principal
Welcome to the Hadley Learning Community website which is full of news and information about our school. We do hope that you find the site easy to use. If you cannot find the information you require or you wish to suggest further improvement then please do not hesitate to send us an email.
Hadley Learning Community is an all-through school for students from 5 – 16 years of age located in the community of Hadley in central Telford. The school opened on the 1st September 2006 and is a £70 million PFI project, in partnership with Interserve, which represents a major investment by the Borough of Telford and Wrekin Council in creating an exceptional 21st Century learning campus for our students. The campus consists of:
- 900 place secondary phase for 11-16 year olds, with 180 students in each year group
- 420 place primary phase for 5-11 year olds with 60 children, in two classes, in each year group
- 60 place Local Authority Nursery, which has a morning and afternoon session for 30 children
- 160 place Special School, The Bridge, which is co-located on the campus, for children with severe and profound disabilities
- A Family Centre for children’s services and an early intervention team
- ABC Nursery, which is privately run but works very closely with HLC
- Community facilities, called The Circle, for sports which includes a swimming pool and fitness suite as well as a Public Library, Coffee shop, Theatre and Dance Studio all used by the public during the day, evenings, weekends and holidays.
We have had another busy half-term which has not been helped by this dreadful weather which has made life difficult for everyone travelling to and from school. Hopefully Spring will arrive soon! Next week is half-term and HLC opens for all students on Monday 24th February – enjoy the break everyone! Dr. Gill Eatough Principal […]
HLC was presented with the “Third Millennium School “ Award in London last week, at the BETT show held at the ExCel Centre in London. We sent some great Y10 students with Miss Hughes, Mr Thompson and Mr King to collect the award! This is a very prestigious award which only a small number of […]
The new term is flying along and we as busy as ever in school. The dark mornings and the horrible weather is always a challenge at this time of year! We welcome some new staff to HLC this term. In Secondary, Mr Hughes has joined the science team and Mrs Pearson the English staff, we […]
We wish all our parents, students, staff and governors a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thank you to our parents for all their support in 2013, HLC goes from strength to strength and there are exciting times ahead. HLC opens for all students on Tuesday 7th January 2014 at the usual time. […]
Eid and Diwali Mela at HLC, Tuesday 26th November 2013, 3pm – 6pm. All are welcome.