The Easter holiday begins on Monday 14th April- Friday 26th April 2014. HLC opens to all students on Monday 28th April. During the holiday period there are daily revision and sessions for Y11, students and parents have received this information in advance. There is also a Sports and Dance trip to Greece for students during […]
This is our Community. This is our School.
- Dr. Gill Eatough, Principal
Welcome to the Hadley Learning Community website which is full of news and information about our school. We do hope that you find the site easy to use. If you cannot find the information you require or you wish to suggest further improvement then please do not hesitate to send us an email.
Hadley Learning Community is an all-through school for students from 5 – 16 years of age located in the community of Hadley in central Telford. The school opened on the 1st September 2006 and is a £70 million PFI project, in partnership with Interserve, which represents a major investment by the Borough of Telford and Wrekin Council in creating an exceptional 21st Century learning campus for our students. The campus consists of:
- 900 place secondary phase for 11-16 year olds, with 180 students in each year group
- 420 place primary phase for 5-11 year olds with 60 children, in two classes, in each year group
- 60 place Local Authority Nursery, which has a morning and afternoon session for 30 children
- 160 place Special School, The Bridge, which is co-located on the campus, for children with severe and profound disabilities
- A Family Centre for children’s services and an early intervention team
- ABC Nursery, which is privately run but works very closely with HLC
- Community facilities, called The Circle, for sports which includes a swimming pool and fitness suite as well as a Public Library, Coffee shop, Theatre and Dance Studio all used by the public during the day, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Staff and Students arrived safely Saturday afternoon. You can follow them on twitter: #HLSki or on the blog: http://hlski.wordpress.com/
HLC Secondary is OPEN to all students on Wednesday 26th March. HLC Primary will have a small number of classes closed and a letter is being sent home to parents today. Details are also available on Primary Website. Queensway HLC is open to all students on Wednesday.
Fifty female Design & Technology students from Hadley Learning Community in Telford, built a bridge and learned all about what’s involved in the exciting career of civil engineering at an event at their school on 7th March. ICE Ambassadors from Interserve and Amey helped the girls to build a 12 metre replica cable stayed bridge […]
Lots going on at HLC this week! We all enjoyed “Ready, Steady, Cook” which involved primary students in the morning and Y7 and Y8 students in the afternoon on Tuesday. The red team won!!! Our Primary Phase was full of book characters as the staff and students dressed up for “World Book Day”. Our Y10 […]
We have had another busy half-term which has not been helped by this dreadful weather which has made life difficult for everyone travelling to and from school. Hopefully Spring will arrive soon! Next week is half-term and HLC opens for all students on Monday 24th February – enjoy the break everyone! Dr. Gill Eatough Principal […]