HLC Secondary Open Evening is being held on Wednesday 24th September 2014 from 6 – 9pm for prospective parents and children for Year 7 in September 2015. There will be a short presentation in the Sports Hall to meet Dr Eatough (Principal HLC) and Mr Roberts (Head teacher, Secondary Phase) followed by the opportunity to […]
This is our Community. This is our School.
- Dr. Gill Eatough, Principal
Hadley Learning Community is an all-through school for students from 5 – 16 years of age located in the community of Hadley in central Telford. The school opened on the 1st September 2006 and is a £70 million PFI project, in partnership with Interserve, which represents a major investment by the Borough of Telford and Wrekin Council in creating an exceptional 21st Century learning campus for our students. The campus consists of:
- 900 place secondary phase for 11-16 year olds, with 180 students in each year group
- 420 place primary phase for 5-11 year olds with 60 children, in two classes, in each year group
- 60 place Local Authority Nursery, which has a morning and afternoon session for 30 children
- 160 place Special School, The Bridge, which is co-located on the campus, for children with severe and profound disabilities
- A Family Centre for children’s services and an early intervention team
- ABC Nursery, which is privately run but works very closely with HLC
- Community facilities, called The Circle, for sports which includes a swimming pool and fitness suite as well as a Public Library, Coffee shop, Theatre and Dance Studio all used by the public during the day, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Dr Eatough, Ruth (Head Girl) and Frasier (Head Boy) attended the WW1 Commemoration Service in Hadley yesterday. It was a very moving occasion and our two students read two poems written by young soldiers who lost their lives in the conflict. Dr. Gill Eatough Principal Hadley Learning Community email@example.com
HLC opens to all students on Tuesday 2nd September 2014 at the normal time. We look forward to welcoming our new reception children and our new Year 7 students. We hope everyone has had a great summer holiday!
Our website will be undergoing maintenance work over the summer holidays in order to deliver greater functionality and make it more friendly for mobile devices and tablets. Whilst this is taking place, there may be times where the site may not function as normal but please bear with us during this time whilst the upgrade […]
Thank you to all our students, staff and parents for another outstanding year at HLC! We wish everyone a great summer holiday! HLC opens for all students on Tuesday 2nd September. Dr. Gill Eatough Principal Hadley Learning Community
HLC and QHLC will be open as usual on Thursday 10th July. Dr. Gill Eatough Principal Hadley Learning Community