We expect all our students to achieve excellent attendance at HLC in order to make good progress and access all the opportunities we have to offer. The expectation is for a student to have 100% attendance.
If for any reason your child is ill and unable to attend school, please notify the school office as soon as possible on the morning of the absence on one of the following absence lines:
(Secondary) – 01952 387000 press option 1
(Primary) – 01952 387192 or 387088
The telephones are operated from 8.15 am until 4.15 pm.
We will contact parents during the morning session if we have not received any communication from home to explain an absence from school that day.
We do not authorise holidays in term-time following Telford and Wrekin procedures on absences from school.
There is a full-time Attendance Officer on the staff of HLC (Mrs Sharon Cloughley) and also an Education Welfare Officer based within HLC. Any queries or information regarding attendance can be dealt with by them or by your child’s Student Support Manager.
Secondary Attendance Awards
- Each week there is a prize for each tutor group in every year group with the highest attendance for the previous week
- Attendance is displayed on all the screens around the phase to show the attendance for every tutor group and year group
- There is a prize draw, at the end of each term, for students who have achieved 100% attendance
- All students, who achieve 100% each term, are presented with a special certificate
Primary Attendance Awards
- A weekly cup is presented to the class with the best attendance the previous week
- Termly attendance certificates are presented to children with 100% attendance
- Children who achieve 100% attendance for a whole academic year are presented with a certificate and a book voucher
- The school supports National Attendance Week during each autumn term. Children who achieve 100% during this week go into a prize draw to receive a book voucher
- The class with the highest attendance over an academic year are rewarded with Special Prize