We undertake Questionnaires twice a year with our parents, in November and July to obtain quality feedback on the education we are providing. We use the information to address any issues or concerns parents may have. We have introduced a new homework system in Secondary this year called “Show my Homework” so that we and parents can monitor homework carefully. This is in response to parent issues last year with homework.
Parents may also make comments on their child ‘s annual report and these are read carefully and any issues are dealt with.
The responses to our November 2016 questionnaires are shown below as well as some of the written comments from our parents.
Questionnaire Results 2016 (Secondary Phase)
- 98% of parents stated that their child was happy at HLC
- 99% of parents reported that their child feels safe at school
- 100% of parents said their child is well looked after at HLC
- 94% of parents stated that the school ensures that students are well behaved
- 99% of parents would recommend HLC to another parent
- 98% of parents stated their child was well taught at HLC
- 100% of parents stated that HLC was well led and managed
- 99% of parents say that their child makes good progress at HLC
- 94% of parents stated they were well informed of their chil’s progress
- 92% of parents stated that bullying was dealt with effectively
- 95% of parents stated the school responds well to my concerns that they raise
- 91% of parents stated their child receives appropriate homework
Questionnaire Results 2016 (Primary Phase)
- 98% of parents said their child was happy at HLC
- 98% of parents said that their child felt safe at HLC
- 99% of said that their child makes good progress at HLC
- 100% of parents said that their child was well looked after at HLC
- 99% of parents said their child was well taught at HLC
- 98% of parents says the school makes sure children are well behaved at HLC
- 99% of parents said the school was well led and managed
- 97% of parents said that they receive valuable information from the school about their child’s progress
- 98% of parents would recommend HLC to another parent HLC
- I am really pleased that my child is in your school, she has come on so much and is really happy here.
- I would recommend other parents bring their children to this school because it is really happy and joyfull and your child will always be happy.
- I am extremely happy with this school. The staff are excellent and the level of care and education given in all aspects of learning are outstanding.
- I have had three other children that have been to this school and can say that they enjoyed it here and that their education was excellent and would recommend this school to any other parents wanting to bring their child or children here and I’m so grateful for all the staff for my childrnes progress.
- Just Keep up the good work.
- I am really pleased with HLC and the progress of my child
- My child has settled in beautifully at HLC, the staff are caring and engaging.Thank you HLC.
- Excellent school, keep it up only wish there was a six form.
- 627 is a brilliant innovation and perfect for my son, who has DCD, ADHD and is on the autistic spectrum. I’m very happy with HLC all round.
- The school is outstanding.
- HLC countinues to impress me. Staff are excellent, very passionate about ensuring children achieve the bes they can. Pupil Behaviour excellent. As a parent I am kept well informed of my childs process at school and contacted immediately if any concerns. I communicate mainly by email direct to teachers and find this work very well.
- Very good school, great staff.