At HLC we believe that a strong partnership with parents is key to the success of every child. We have a member of our management team available every morning and at the end of the school day to speak to parents at the school gate. Teachers are happy to meet with parents briefly after school or to book an appointment with them if a longer conversation is needed. We also have dedicated student support staff, Mrs Evans and Mrs Stothard, who are available to speak to parents daily before and after school. Bilingual support is available for parents whose first language is not English.
We survey parents opinions of the school twice a year during our consultation days. The information gathered from these questionnaires has resulted in changes to the way we communicate homework and the development of playground buddies to support children at lunchtimes. Every survey is shared with the whole primary staff and this supports us to strengthen our communication with parents.
Questionnaire Results 2017 (Primary Phase)
- 100% of parents said their child was happy at HLC
- 99% of parents said that their child felt safe at HLC
- 100% of said that their child makes good progress at HLC
- 100% of parents said that their child was well looked after at HLC
- 100% of parents believe their child is well taught at HLC
- 98% of parents said the school makes sure it’s pupils are well behaved
- 99% of parents said the school is well led and managed
- 98% of parents say they receive valuable information about their child’s progress
- 98% of parents would recommend HLC to another parent HLC
- Our daughter is very happy at HLC, we are incredibly pleased with how she is developing and learning. Thank you for all that you are doing!
- The best school!
- The teachers in Year One couldn’t have done anymore to support my child this year. I am very, very happy.
- My son is making brilliant progress and loves coming to school – amazing staff.
- A nice school community with the feel of a small school rather than one the size that it is.
- This is a fantastic school.
- As well as being very good academically I find the school is good for social development and involving parents throughout my child’s education.