Homework at HLC Primary
Homework is any kind of learning that takes place out of school. We value it as a working partnership between home and school which supports our children’s learning. We aim to ensure that all homework is purposeful and enjoyable.
Through setting homework, we aim to:
- Encourage independence, self-discipline and good learning habits.
- Consolidate work taught in school and therefore raise attainment levels.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for parents/carers to become involved in children’s learning.
- Build pupil confidence by encouraging the discussion of schoolwork and learning with parents.
- Encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own learning and completing tasks.
- Supports parents to evaluate their child’s progress.
The amount and type of homework will vary depending on the age of the child.
Resources for Parents
"I am always happy with the information that I get from the school about my child. I know exactly what my child needs and what topics we can work on at home."
- Primary Parent