Homework at HLC Primary
Homework is any kind of learning that takes place out of school. We value it as a working partnership between home and school which supports our children’s learning. We aim to ensure that all homework is purposeful and enjoyable.
Through setting homework, we aim to:
- Encourage independence, self-discipline and good learning habits.
- Consolidate work taught in school and therefore raise attainment levels.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for parents/carers to become involved in children’s learning.
- Build pupil confidence by encouraging the discussion of schoolwork and learning with parents.
- Encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own learning and completing tasks.
- Supports parents to evaluate their child’s progress.
The amount and type of homework will vary depending on the age of the child.
“I am always happy with the information that I get from the school about my child. I know exactly what my child needs and what topics we can work on at home.”
– Primary Parent