At HLC we believe that a strong partnership with parents is key to the success of every child. We have a member of our management team available every morning and at the end of the school day to speak to parents at the school gate. Teachers are happy to meet with parents briefly after school or to book an appointment with them if a longer conversation is needed. We also have dedicated pastoral team, Mrs Caddick, Miss Ball and Charmaine Townsend, who are available to speak to parents daily before and after school. Bilingual support is available for parents whose first language is not English.
We are also a school that loves getting our parents into school to support their children with their learning. We very much see children’s education as a team effort and so our parents are frequently invited into classes to take part in lessons. Some of our Year 6 parents even get themselves involved in booster sessions.
We survey parents’ opinions of the school twice a year during our consultation days. The information gathered from these questionnaires has resulted in many changes to our school. Every survey is shared with the whole primary staff and this supports us to strengthen our communication with parents.
- 99% of parents said their child was happy at HLC and liked coming to school.
- 100% of parents said that their child felt safe at HLC
- 99% of said that their child makes good progress at HLC
- 100% of parents said that their child was well looked after at HLC
- 99% of parents believe their child is well taught at HLC
- 91% of parents said the school makes sure it’s pupils are well behaved
- 99% of parents said the school is well led and managed
- 100% of parents say they receive valuable information about their child’s progress
- 100% of parents felt that HLC encouraged children to work hard and do their best.
- 99% of parents said that they felt welcome in school.
What do our Parents say?
- Our daughter is very happy at HLC, we are incredibly pleased with how she is developing and learning. Thank you for all that you are doing!
- My child is loving school and is always happy to attend. We love that the parents are welcomed into school
- Our daughter absolutely loves her school and we couldn’t fault it.
- Really happy with the school. She enjoys coming in everyday and her behaviour has improved. Really good school!
- The best school!
- My son is making brilliant progress and loves coming to school – amazing staff.
- A nice school community with the feel of a small school rather than one the size that it is.
- This is a fantastic school.
- As well as being very good academically I find the school is good for social development and involving parents throughout my child’s education.
- Extremely happy with this school. Well organised and is well run. Great work to all!
- The teachers in Year One couldn’t have done anymore to support my child this year. I am very, very happy.