Hadley Learning Community believes that the pride our students take in their appearance is a reflection of their attitude to their studies. For 2017/18 we are releasing our new school uniform as voted for by our students. The student body decided to make changes to a more formal uniform code and this was wholeheartedly supported by our parents and governors during a consultation
With this in mind we would like to thank you for supporting us to maintain our excellent standard of uniform and appearance. However we would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of our expectations, as outlined below:
School uniform should not be confused with current ‘fashion’!
Students should travel to and from school in full uniform.
- Black HLC blazer with the HLC logo
- White shirt – with the top button fastened
- School tie – house colours
- Black trousers for boys or girls OR black skirt (maximum of one inch above the knee) for girls
- Black shoes – Please purchase plain and traditional leather school/work shoes. No trainers or pumps. Any brand such as Nike, Adidas and Converse will be classed as trainers.
- School bag with the HLC logo
(In a HLC school bag – students can also lease a locker in September if they wish)
- Small Ruler
- Pencil Case
- PE Kit /Dance kit (on the relevant, timetabled days)
We DO NOT allow the following:
- Short skirts (no shorter than 1 inch above the knee.)
- Skinny’ or tight trousers
- No jeans/Denim
- Tracksuit trousers
- Extra-wide flares
- Wide belts
- Jewellery and elaborate hair decorations
Again we would ask you to ensure that students arrive at school looking smart.
We do not allow the following:
- Strongly coloured or streaked hair
- Shaven heads
- Razor markings in the hair or eye-brows
- Nail varnish/ fake nails
- Body and facial piercings
- Earrings (one pair of small stud earrings is allowed)
Girls may wear a black hijab and a white kameez (instead of a white shirt) with black trousers. Secondary girls are expected to wear a tie and blazer with their kameez.
Girls may also wear a special swimsuit designed for Muslim girls.
In PE may wear black tracksuit bottoms.
Muslim boys should all wear the normal school uniform
We reserve the right to isolate any student breaking these rules or to send any persistent offenders home.
If you would like further clarification, please do not hesitate to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support.
Miss J Hornsby
Hadley Learning Community